September 14, 2008

Closing a chapter in my life


A couple of weeks ago, dear sweet Bean came up from Anchorage and picked up my piano! My Dad purchased that piano when I was 4 years old. I enjoyed it for many years and even played the piano at church for many years but that chapter of my life is over! Now... I play the radio! It sounds even better!

Be blessed Bean and make beautiful music on that piano along with your beautiful singing. And don't drive Jen and Alaina NUTS ok!
She paid for this piano in a beautiful way! She sang to us a song (opera), she sang at a competition (and won!) in Anchorage just recently. It was beautiful, standing outside on a beautiful fall day and listening to her beautiful voice. I just love this sweet, smiling young woman!!

And thank you for packing it up and treating it so carefully. I wonder how hard it will be to get it up the long flight of stairs in your house!! Don't hurt yourself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen!!! Thanks for the sweet words!! No, the piano is not upstairs yet! Nobody's been home to help me get it up and also I haven't been home!!! But...maybe that can be a project for me this weekend! :) Hey, here's a link to my blog all about being a struggling opera singer! www.paintedtape.typepad.com