August 10, 2008

After the vacation...

Life does get right back up to hectic speed! Katie left for Georgia for a March of Dimes Youth Conference. Hot and humid. Makes her realize she wants to NOT attend college in the south or the east. Good. West coast is closer! This summer she's been to D.C., Denver, Washington twice, Oregon with the family, and Atlanta. Good for her and good for me to see that life "home alone" with my hubby is going to be A-OK!!

Every SINGLE day since we've been home from our vacation, it's rained. At least that is what it has felt like. The fair is over so maybe we'll get some sunshine! In fact, in between the rain showers today, the sun has shone! I keep promising Molly a walk but then I look out and it's pouring. What a rainy summer it's been. So glad we had the warm sunshiney days in Oregon!

Yesterday, Katie, Molly and I went to Angel Rock so she could prepare for her AP History biome project. Although it was overcast, it didn't rain while we were there and we had a GREAT time! So FUN!

Molly sniffed every tree and rock. She was in dog heaven. Me? I LOVE spending time with my daughter. She's so fun. I'm beginning the "last year" as she begins her Senior year in High School. I'm so excited for her future. But I am treasuring every precious moment I have with her.
Hope we have a long Indian summer. Ok, it's stopped raining, the sun is shining...time to take a walk with Molly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great walk in the woods! I just now (sorry) saw your post that you got out to Dotti & Al! It's been too long for me. I really envy that trip.

Well, back to the hummus!

Tom

Dotti's Place said...

Hi Karen! Looks like a beautiful place to walk with Molly. Sorry it's been raining so much - that's what you get for visiting Portland - you get to bring home the rain. LOL

Al and I had an awesome time visiting with you, Katie and Rick. What an awesome family you have. I'm so glad we finally got to meet in person and collect all those 'hugs'. :)

Love you girlfriend.