October 4, 2008

Feeling Grateful!

Twice now I've had my car to the shop - related to fender benders. Both times Seekins Ford has given me a free rental. I never ask why but I'm thankful! I'm driving a Ford Focus and enjoying the front-wheel drive on these icy roads!

I enjoyed the ladies conference SO much last night. It refreshed my soul! It's such a beautiful thing to gather with women and listen to His Word. The speaker is Lori Carouthers from Texas and she was as funny as Chonda Pierce! She spoke on "Traveling Light" and having Peace in the Journey. So good.

There was a lady from our church standing behind me during opening prayer - and I tell you, listening to her pray brought tears to my eyes and gave me goosebumps. She has shared her testimony before of what God has brought her out of (her life was a wreck for many years) and she is just FILLED with the love of God! During snack/visit time I went up to her and my word... that lady talked NON-stop with a grin on her face the whole time! Cracked me up! I had plenty of time to eat my plate of snacks! She wanted me to share her room at the hotel with her but I knew I'd get NO sleep! ROTFLOL

Besides, Katie was home baking chocolate chip cookies for me when I got home.

I LOVE WEEKENDS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Our Missions Conference is coming up at the end of October. However, I'll miss it because my Sept dive trip got pushed back to that weekend. I'll just have to do my own missions work, while I'm down in NC. Let us know how the elliptical goes... the first workout might just be setting it up.

Susan Stevenson said...

Stay in and stay warm. :)