September 21, 2008

Email triumphs over speaking to a *real* person!


We've been calling our cable company this summer to get our cable line buried. Each time I called I was told we are *on the list.* Last Thursdays call revealed we are now on the list for Spring 2009! I was irked so sent the following email to Human Resources, Admins, and Complaint/Praise Dept.

We had cable tv installed in November 2007. We've been waiting all summer for them to come and dig it in through our driveway. I've called 3 times in the last 6 weeks. Last night they tell me it's scheduled for Summer 2009!!!

Please get this in if you can! We've been unable to use our circular driveway since LAST November!
Then included contact info.

I had the nicest, lengthiest response on my cell phone. They are coming! Monday! Apparently this guy's supervisor from Anchorage emailed him immediately to see "what was going on up there in Fairbanks!" Yaaay!

And to think we always try to get past the automated to speak to *real* people! I'm certainly pleased! Or will be if it truly gets done on Monday!

No comments: