May 1, 2008

Ok...life fell apart.

As you can tell by my lack of posting! Time to get back on track and start blogging again!

Mid-April I had a serious health issue "crop up." Shingles. A disease that usually affects "older" people (oh no!) that have previously had chickenpox. I spent 2 weeks with increasing pain on my back and side to the point where I could hardly make it through the day and got very little sleep at night. Finally, the rash developed and it could be diagnosed! If you EVER get shingles, get on an anti-viral medication! It stops the development of the rash and really really helps the pain!

We've completed our hospice Patient Care Volunteer training and we have a great group of new volunteers "ready to be placed!" They are all wonderful people and I'm so glad to know each and every one of them!

Today is May Day! Life will return to normal although the weather has been acting very much like winter still. 4"s of snow yesterday! Do I live in Alaska or what?

We also have a new director at work and we are really enjoying her kindness! Our former director has moved on to be the local United Way director. She was an amazing lady too and was instrumental in getting our new building built and us all moved in!

So, since I'm "back in the saddle again," I'm actually going to start swimming again! Yaaay! This year is going by so quickly but we are looking forward to school ending and summer sunshine!

This is my co-worker's last day before vacation... so glad I'm feeling better before I start wearing both "hats."

No comments: