December 10, 2006

Hospice Christmas Open House

Thanks to my friend Sherrie R. for helping me cook (with laughter) all afternoon Friday.
Saturday, I held my yearly Hospice Volunteer Open House and just throughly enjoyed the day! These kind folks are such dear people and a joy to be around. We sat around the table and kitchen counter and talked, watched movies, learned to make snowflakes out of tissue paper, worked on a puzzle, told lots of stories and ate and ate from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Thank you to all of you Hospice folks that read my blog and stopped by on Saturday. I love you all and wish you Peace and Joy throughout this Christmas and into the New Year. You certainly bring Peace and Joy into my life and I watch again and again as you bring them to those that are needing the extra care, love, and friendship at the end of their lives. It truly is about *how you live* and you make SUCH a difference. God bless you all. Each one of you is a gift.
"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel." ~~C.W. Buechner
Oh, and thanks for ALL the lovely gifts you brought! I was blessed!

No comments: